Time: 3.30 – 5pm, Wednesday 14.11.12
Venue: John Dalton Building, PC lab John Dalton C1.02
Today we will look at the first stages of planning an academic blog – what is the motivation for you, what are your aims, what style of writing will you use, and what types of content will be included?
Objectives of the session –
- To define what good blog content is
- Overview and taxonomy of academic blogging
- To begin planning our own blog contents
- What the particular purposes of good blogs/blogs are
- What types of article do bloggers write about?
- What media do they use?
- What makes them unique/appealing?
Feedback from reading
Trends/news, Reviews (events, books, exhibitions, films), Interviews, Top 5/10 lists, Rants
What would you like to write a post about at this stage?
Activity – Make your own content plan for the next month. Share and feedback to the group (at the next session?)
Example of aims, method and content plan by Hannah:
Example of content scheduling by David: